The Coddiewomple Company L.L.C. Inc. (“The Coddiewomple Company” or “we” or “us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website coddiewompleco.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provides dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by The Coddiewomple Company or any third party.
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this privacy
USERS UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Our Website is not intended for users under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from any user under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, and do not register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a user under 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a user under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
- About the computer or device you use to access our Website, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier, phone number, International Mobile Equipment Identity (“IMEI”), signal strength relating to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, and mobile carrier.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, purchasing our products, posting material, or requesting further services. Such information may include your first and last name, e-mail address, gender and subscription preferences. We may also ask you for information when
you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- In connection with purchasing The Coddiewomple Company products through the Website, we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments and comply with applicable laws.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your
User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Any User Contributions that you make public is searchable by other users. If you remove information that you posted to the Website, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Website, or if other users or third parties have copied or saved that information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies [(including Google Analytics [list other data collection technologies])] to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services in the device’s settings menu.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). The information we collect automatically may include personal information, which we may maintain or associate with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Where permissible according to applicable law we may use certain limited personal information about you, such as your email address, to hash it and to share it with social media platforms, such as Facebook or Instagram, to generate leads, drive traffic to our websites or otherwise promote our products or this Website. These processing activities are based on our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products that may be if your interest. The social media platforms with which we may share your personal data are not controlled or supervised by The Coddiewomple Company. Therefore, any questions regarding how your social media platform service provider processes your personal data should be directed to such provider.
Please note that you may, at any time ask The Coddiewomple Company to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- The create your account
- To help you efficiently access your information after you sign in.
- To remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To provide information that you have requested to receive from us in response to your opt-out requests.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from The Coddiewomple Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by The Coddiewomple Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, unsubscribing from our newsletter, opting-out our promotional e-mails by clicking the opt-out link on the bottom of such e-mails or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to The Coddiewomple Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We may keep track of how you interact with links across our Website, including our email notifications and third-party services. We do this to help improve our Website, for example to provide relevant advertising, and to be able to share aggregate click statistics, such as how many times a particular link was clicked on.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us (and which you cannot update yourself). We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by our Website’s Term of Use.
DATA RETENTION AND ERASURE
The Coddiewomple Company is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Website or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the storage, processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries. You acknowledge that we may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your The Coddiewomple Company account. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend an account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that account to prevent a user from opening a new account with us in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., reviews, forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on the Website, even after your account is cancelled. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because we maintain the Website to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
WITHDRAWING CONSENT AND RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.